Győr Unitarian Church
H-9027 Győr, Szittya str. 2.
The Unitarian Church in Győr was established in 1992. Althought Győr as a fellowship had existed since 1920 as part of the Transdanubian Church with its center in Polgárdi.
Following the First and Second world wars and the turnover in Romanian in 1989, many Unitarians moved from Transylvania to Hungary. Unitarians settled in Győr and its surroundings as well.
This made necessary the establishment of an independent church with its center in Győr.
In 1996 the church bought a house and land in Győr.
In 1998 the church bought a bell from donations and put it int he courtyard on a wooden suport.
The minister supplies the following cities: Győr, Mosonmagyaróvár and its area, Pápa, Veszprém and its area, Sopron and its area, Szombathely, Sárvár and its area, Tata, Tatabánya and its area, Komárom-Esztergom and its area.